What is six man football?
Six-man football is a variation of 11-man tackle football. It tends to be a faster paced game with high scores. Because of the difficulty of covering the entire field, punts are rare and on-side kicks are common.1
1. The ball cannot be advanced on a run until a second exchange is made (the first exchange being the snap from center).
2. All players are eligible to catch a forward pass.
3. 1st downs are 15 yards instead of 10.
4. The attempt after touchdown is reversed – 2 points for a kick, 1 point for a run or pass.
5. Field goals count 4 points.
6. The field is smaller (80 yards x 40 yards).
7. If either team is leading by 45 points at half time or in the 2nd half, the game is ended immediately.
For more details see